Jess: Have
you spoken to Eric lately?
Me: No.
Jess: What
if something happened to them?
Me: Like
what?
Jess: I
don’t know. Like something bad?
Me: I
don’t think so.
Jess: Well,
did they go on their trip?
Me: Sure.
Jess: Well
how do you know?
Me: I
suppose I don’t.
Jess: Are
you sure nothing happened to him?
Me: Yeah,
I’m sure.
Jess: But
you haven’t heard from him?
Me: No.
Jess: I
thought you were good friends.
Me: Very
good.
Jess: But
if you don’t talk for so long?
Me: We
don’t need to.
Jess: What
does that mean?
Me: It
means that we talk when we want to.
Jess: It
doesn’t bother you that it has been a while?
Me: There’s
no quota.
Jess: OK,
but still how do you know nothing happened to him?
Me: I
don’t think so.
Jess: But
couldn’t he be lying in a ditch somewhere?
Me: Could
be.
Jess: But
you don’t think so?
Me: No.
Jess: How
can you know?
Me: I
suppose I can’t.
Jess: Then
how are you so easy about it?
Me: Bad
news travels fast.
Jess: So
when will you hear from him?
Me: When
he wants to write.
Jess: Couldn’t
you call him?
Me: Sure.
If I feel like it.
Jess: So
that’s how it goes then?
Me: For
years.
Jess: Ugh!
Boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment